Dear 2022 Mystic Irish Parade Attendees,
Welcome and congratulations on your acceptance to the 2022 Mystic Irish Parade. We look forward to hosting you and your parade unit. We have 90 units and close to 2000 participants. It is hard to believe that this is the 19th annual parade.
As you can imagine a great deal of planning and effort has gone into this year’s parade. I would like to take this chance to thank our many supporters and sponsors for their help this year. In addition, I would also like to thank my fellow board members who have worked long and tirelessly to make this a success again.
The parade is supported by many organizations and businesses. We have great support from many local residents and businesses, whose support has ensured that this parade is a continued success. We hope that you will frequent many of these businesses on the day of the parade and show your gratitude.
The south parking lot at the Mystic Seaport will open promptly at 9 am for oversize vehicles ONLY and 10 am for all other vehicles and attendees.
PLEASE NOTE: BASED ON INPUT FROM THE LOCAL PD IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE PARADE COMMITTEE NO MOTORCYCLES WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE PARADE OUTSIDE OF ON DUTY EMERGENCY VEHICLES. THIS IS FOR THE SAFETY OF THE PUBLIC.
PLEASE NOTE OVERSIZE VEHICLES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER 10 AM ON PARADE DAY. THIS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.
OVER SIZE VEHICLE PARTICIPANTS: YOU WILL RECEIVE A SEPARATE EMAIL FROM ME. THIS WILL CLEARLY DEFINE OUR POLICY FOR ARRIVALS AFTER 10 AM. OVERSIZE VEHICLES ARE IDENTIFIED AS ANYTHING THAT IS LARGER THAN A REGULAR CAR/SUV, PICK UP OR ANYTHING WITH A TRAILER ATTACHED.
YOUTH GROUPS: YOU WILL RECEIVE SPECIAL PARKING INSTRUCTIONS FOR THIS YEARS PARADE. IT IS CRUCIAL TO THE PARADE THAT YOU ADHERE TO THESE PLANS.
The road and the lot will close promptly at 12.15pm. This year parking will be very limited. Please ensure that you make the necessary arrangements prior to arrival at the parking lot to ensure a fast and easy setup. Bus parking will not be permitted. Buses will need to find space at the end of the parade.
Verbal Abuse: It is sad to have to mention this as the majority of people are respectful. However, we have removed a couple of units from previous parades based on the verbal abuse that they deemed necessary to our volunteers. Please note that all staff members in the lot including myself and Maggie Henderson are VOLUNTEERS. We ask that you speak with your units and let them know this. We can’t fit every car in the assigned parade unit spot.
THERE WILL BE A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY FOR VERBAL ABUSE. WE WILL REMOVE THE PERSON/S AND IF NECESSARY THE UNIT. WE WILL ALSO WITHDRAW ANY PAID COMPENSATION FOR THAT PARADE UNIT IF REQUIRED.
Upon arrival at the lot you will be given a parking number and parade volunteers will direct you to your assigned spots. We ask, based on the number of participants that you do not move or remove any cones. If you are in need of additional space please speak with a parade volunteer and ask for assistance.
Once parked the “lead” representative of the parade unit must register with the parade. The registration tent will be SITUATED at the entrance of the parking lot. Please ensure you register your unit to ensure correct placement and also so that your grand stand announcements are correct. Registration will close promptly at 12:30pm.
ALL PAID UNITS MUST PICK UP THEIR CHECK AT THIS TIME.
As the village of Mystic prepares for the 2022 Mystic Irish Parade, the Mystic Irish Parade Foundation, along with the Groton and Stonington Police Dept must insist that the drinking of alcoholic beverages will not be allowed on the parade route. Public drinking laws will be enforced. The police will be making public drinking arrests along the parade route.
- No stopping or performing in front of the reviewing stand or along the parade route is permitted. Parade officials will strictly enforce this regulation.
- No alcoholic beverages are to be consumed or carried along the parade route, or in the staging area, by spectators or participants in the parade. The Groton and Stonington Police will strictly enforce penalties for disorderly conduct and alcohol violations. In addition, The Mystic Irish Parade Foundation reserves the right to exclude any and all unit members for any violation of its set forth rules. Expulsion of a parade unit could also include thereduction or forfeiture of any fees pertaining to the parade.
- Inclement Weather: The parade will go on rain or shine. All paid units should note that the Mystic Irish Parade has a minimum of 12 parade participants per unit for payment.
- The presence of placards, banners or other devices including pamphlets intended to spread propaganda, political views or to embarrass any group or unit of marchers are prohibited.
- To prevent possible injury,no items such as candy or toys are to be thrown from automobiles, trucks, floats or from marchersto parade viewers.
- The use of sirens and air horns during the parade is strictly prohibited. The use of these can cause problems in the event of a true emergency. NOTE: Violators of this order may be prohibited from future parade participation.
- STARTING POINT: The head of the paradesteps off at 1:00 p.m.All units and individuals participating must be in position, ready to move out, no later than 12:30pm
- REVIEW: The parade is reviewed as follows: The Grand Marshal, Parade Officers, Parade Committee and distinguished guests at the reviewing stands in front of the Chelsea Groton Bank on Water St. Mystic
- The Mystic Irish Parade starts promptly at 1:00 p.m.
- Parade Orders: Will be uploaded to our web sitemysticirishparade.orgon Saturday, March 21st by 10am. Please ensure that you visit this site prior to the arrival at the muster point.
- Emergency Contact information: 860-608-4883. Strictly for emergency use only! These phones will only be active ON the day of the parade.
- Fire Departments/Ambulance Units:All participating departments (except for the Mystic Fire Dept.) will be limited toonly one truck. No exceptions will be given.
As a participant in the parade, your cooperation in making this a safe family event is greatly appreciated.
The Mystic Irish Parade Foundation